Spark Medical is a patient focused and driven company that is seeking driven individuals to continue our strive for excellence. Founded in 2016, Spark Medical has become a well-regarded organisation with high standards for patient care and event medical cover. With a dedicated leadership team, Spark Medical ensures that patients are at the heart of the services we deliver.
An exciting job opportunity has arisen within the Spark Medical leadership team. This role is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong passion to work in a fast-paced independent medical company. The successful individual will be expected to lead a team of clinical and operational staff to ensure maximum operational requirements are achieved and produce an enjoyable workplace for our team to operate in.
The post holder must live within 40 minutes' drive of Head Office and have a flexible approach to work and working hours. Hours of work will be on a shift basis, working opposite to the Head Of Ambulance Operations, to ensure that there is cover for the start and end times of the shifts from base
Under the direction of the Head of Ambulance Operations and the Clinical Governance Team the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality day to day management of Spark Medical Ltd locations within a geographical area for all aspects, including for example fleet, estates, equipment etc.
The post holder will also provide leadership to Paramedics, Technicians and Emergency Care Assistants within the team and refer/escalate issues to the relevant manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for forging a close working relationship with clients within their remit, liaising with them daily, handling complaints and escalations within a measured timeline.
The position requires the post holder to have experience in management of operations, staff, and fleet. This role is non-clinical but the post holder should have a basic knowledge of ambulance operations would be desirable, but not essential and meet Spark Medical Ltd safe recruitment procedures.
- To ensure effective, efficient, and consistent service delivery of all activity within the service.
- To ensure that the interior of all vehicles is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness, In line with the company IPC policy.
- Liaise with the Head of Operational Support for when vehicle servicing, MOT, and maintenance issues such as tyres and general maintenance is required
- Ensure all vehicles are stocked
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team to maintain the storeroom and to ensure we have adequate stock replenishment for all areas
- Actively participate in undertaking operational audits (in line with Spark Medical Ltd policy), disseminating audit findings and actively leading the implementation of changes to protocol and/or procedure.
- Lead and manage the processes, which ensure the principles of operational requirements are embedded in practice and assist with audits and appraisals of all team members.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle repair and maintenance, maintain cleaning and deep clean records in accordance with policy and CQC requirements
- To assist in operational investigations when required reporting to the Head of Governance & Contracts.
- Conduct routine drug audits as requested by the Head of Clinical Care for stock levels (noncontrolled).
- Provide support to the Operational team when requested.
- Ensure clinical supervision is achieved by the Operational Team Leaders with each Paramedic, Technician and ECA in the team every six months and work with new team members on induction shifts.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organised base to support the crews in a timely despatch to duty and in line with the CQC requirements
- To work to the values of Spark Medical Ltd and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues. To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with Directors, Managers, Clients and Colleagues at all levels both internally and externally.
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To attend regular meetings throughout the year as and when required
- To always act in the best interest of the business
- Must hold a valid FREC 5 / AAP / EMT qualification
- Must hold a valid emergency ambulance driving qualification
- Minimum of 12 months of front-line experience post qualification
- Hold a full UK manual driving licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
- Minimum of 12 months of driving experience since first holding UK driving licence
- Experience of working with bariatric, paediatric and neonatal patients
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Must be flexible in regards of working hours and/or days to meet operational needs
- HCPC registered Paramedic
- Relevant post qualification e.g. ILS/ALS
- Company Pension
- Paid overtime on the road
- Private Healthcare
- Company Perkbox
Please make sure to read the attached Spark Medical - Occupational Health Guide before submitting your application
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it necessary for successful applicants to complete a Disclosure and Barring application.
Spark Medical reserves the right to close this advert once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted, so please complete your application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.