Spark Medical is a market leader in the Ambulance and Events sector, and we are looking for an Operational Team Leader to join our team.
This role is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong passion to work in a fast-paced independent medical company. The successful individual will be expected to work alongside the Service Delivery Co-Ordinator to lead a team of clinical and operational staff to ensure maximum operational requirements are achieved and produce an enjoyable workplace for our team to operate in.
The post holder’s primary role will be to assist the Ambulance Operations functionr to, oversee the delivery of high-quality day-to-day management of Spark Medical operations within a geographical area.
The post holder will also provide leadership and advice to Emergency Care Assistants and Ambulance Care Assistants within the team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide supervision and support to all Ambulance staff within the Spark team.
- The post holder will be office based for administration and meetings but will carry out regular contact shifts with crew members.
- Manage and mentor staff setting goals for Professional Development Plans (PDP) and to ensure continual improvement is driven with all individuals within the team to meet the high CPD standards required by the organisation.
- Working with appropriate clinical mentors and the Training Department to deliver training and development to staff as required.
- Actively participate in undertaking operational audits (in line with Spark Medical Ltd policy), disseminating audit findings and actively leading the implementation of changes to protocol and/or procedure.
- Lead and manage the processes, which ensure the principles of operational requirements are embedded in practice, to include the management of KPI’s such as clear up times, mobilisation times to keep the penalties and fines to a minimum.
- Maintain accurate cleaning and deep clean records.
- To assist in operational investigations when required reporting to the Head of Governance.
- Conduct routine drug audits as requested by the Clinical Team for stock levels (non-controlled).
- Ensure clinical supervision is achieved with each, ECA and ACA in your team.
- Induct new team members into relevant local processes of Spark Medical and Operational procedures.
- Maintain regular communication with Ambulance Control regarding updates and changes to personal and/or vehicle availability and movements. Report & record all delays or waiting time incurred. Ensure hospital clear up times and mobilisation times are maintained to national standards.
- To work to the values of Spark Medical and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with directors, managers, clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally.
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the operational nature of the post.