Established in 2016, Spark Medical is a CQC regulated private ambulance service. Experts in pre-hospital care. Spark Medical mobilises and equips professional ambulance crews across the Merseyside and the UK. We are a patient focused, driven and always striving for excellent patient care. We ensure all our front-line staff are compliant with the CQC and its Fundamental Standards. Our modern, multipurpose fleet ensures that we are able to provide high quality transport services.
The Ambulance Care Assistant role involves you being exposed to a variety of patient facing environments, both on the frontline and event medical services. You will be responsible, along with your crewmate, for responding to emergency and non-emergency situations whilst ensuring patients receive high quality, compassionate care at all times. Spark Medical understands the importance of developing staff skillset, offering support with CPD events, ambulance driver training and annual Basic Life Support to committed staff members.
- Provided non-emergency patient transport to a wide variety of patient and between a mixture of hospital and private settings within the care of Spark Medical in accordance with policies and procedures, including pre-hospital emergency care.
- Safely transfer patients to and from ambulances, using specialist equipment and manual handling skills
- Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment and submit it to Spark Medical management when required.
- Provide treatment up to the post-holder’s assessed ability in line with current best practice. e.g. IHCD & JRCALC.
- Take relevant information from carers or others at the scene, reporting to healthcare professional, hospitals or others as required whilst ensuring patient confidentiality is maintained.
- Be aware of the patient’s social and environmental condition and report any matters of concern to the appropriate person or body.
- Actively participate in personal and environmental cleaning routines (including vehicles, equipment, and areas of the garaging facilities) to ensure that infection prevention and control standards are adhered to.
- Carry out vehicle and equipment check at the start of and during each shift to ensure the readiness of the vehicle, equipment, and consumables to respond as required. Report all defects and damage in accordance with Spark Medical policies and procedures.
- Achieve and maintain competence in all relevant skills and knowledge, actively engage in CPD events and keep a personal development portfolio.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the band of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
- Training will be provided if you don't currently hold a valid FREC 3 qualification
- Must hold a full UK manual driver's licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
- Must have a minimum of 12 months driving experience since first holding UK driver's licence
Aptitude & Abilities
- Physically fit and able to undertake the physical aspects of the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to complete relevant paper to clinical standard
- Demonstrate ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment
- Ability to prioritise objective and work schedules to make best use of time and resources
- Ability to deliver a high-quality patient experience and ensure service user satisfaction at all times
- Ability to work in a team and also to use own initiative when necessary
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills
- Flexible with regards to hours of work
- Able to work a full range of shifts to support business needs
- Must be willing to undergo a full background check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it necessary for successful applicants to complete a Disclosure and Barring application.
Spark Medical reserves the right to close this advert once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted, so please complete your application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.